Registration for the Spring 2020 Season
For all inquires please contact Everett Chandler at
NOTE: ALL boys must first register with www.mbyll.org PRIOR to registering with Newburyport Youth Lacrosse. MBYLL registration is $40 which includes the required athletic insurance and league fees (scheduling, officials assignment, coaching education, etc.). US Lacrosse membership is NOT required for boys.
VERY IMPORTANT: Upon completing MBYLL registration, you will receive an MBYLL Confirmation Code which is needed to continue with NYLA registration. Save that code and enter it on our site when prompted. Please use the same email address for both registrations (MBYLL & Newburyport Youth Lacrosse) (Helpful Instructions are here)
AMESBURY REGISTRATIONS - For Amesbury residents, boys must register with Amesbury Lacrosse for boys of all ages. Interest for boys should be sent to
Girls of all ages may register with Newburyport Youth Lacrosse at the appropriate level.
On November 1st, we will open up registration to the following:
- Residents of Newburyport and Amesbury (note separate Amesbury boys teams registration), and
- Non-residents with children attending school in Newburyport (including IC & Charter)
NON-RESIDENTS WHO DO NOT ATTEND NEWBURYPORT SCHOOLS: Due to MBYLL/MBGLL rules, we are prohibited from registering players from towns with their own programs, unless they attend school in Newburyport – regardless of how long the player has participated in the Newburyport league. For residents of Newbury, West Newbury and Salisbury that do not attend Newburyport schools, please inquire with the youth lax program for your town (Triton or Pentucket).
Fees for 2019 season – PAYMENT REQUIRED AT TIME OF REGISTRATION:
- Tots: $75 which includes uniform & sticks
- Rec Program U9 – U15: $170 (plus $30 USLax fee (signup at www.lacfor girls only)
Uniforms: Uniforms must be purchased separately – $85 for any unifiorm. Uniforms should last 2-3 years depending on the fit.
Scheduling: For scheduling reasons, we will close registration on Dec. 15th, as we must finalize rosters by year’s end. Late registrants will be placed on a wait list and charged a $45 late fee.
PRACTICE & GAME SCHEDULE: Boys practice Tues & Thurs. Girls practice Mon/Wed. Games are on Sunday.
Steps to registering:
STEP 1: PARENT/GUARDIAN REGISTRATION (even for returning parents)
- Click “Register Online” (left side), read instructions and scroll down to “Parent/Guardian Required Information.” Click “Register” and then either Sign In or Create Account.
- Only after the parent/guardian is registered can you begin the participant registration.
- Returning Families: Use your personal account information/password from last season. DO NOT OPEN A NEW FAMILY/PLAYER ACCOUNT if you previously had one.
- Email Addresses: You can enter more than one email address for you or within player registration by separating addresses with a semicolon.
STEP 2: PARTICIPANT REGISTRATION
- Register your player(s) in the applicable gender and grade level section.
- GIRLS ONLY: Fill out the US Lacrosse (USL) info. If you had a previous USL number, you can look it up on the website. You will pay the $30 fee via credit card to USL for the 2020 season.
- BOYS ONLY: Fill out the Mass Bay Youth Lacrosse League (MBYLL) info.
- Player fee is $40 and includes MBYLL Insurance good from 1/1/20 - 12/31/20
- Player must first go to www.mbyll.org to register and receive MBYLL ID to plug into your local registration
- Player registration can be accessed on the home page (Welcome message & red "Player Registration" box on the right)
- This is required for all athletes who play for an MBYLL team (including female players who play on boys teams) but NOT for athletes who play for a girls lacrosse league - e.g. Founder's.
- During the process you will be prompted to pay the $170 NYLA fee via credit card.
- For multiple players within the family, you will need to repeat the steps. If you lose connection with the web page at any time during the registration process, you can resume your registration by selecting the "Register Online" button on the left column and go to the appropriate gender and grade level. The registered members should appear so you can resume the registration.
STEP 3: PURCHASE JERSEY & SHORTS/SKIRTS - NEW PLAYERS
- Click on “Online Store,” choose the jersey, size and add to cart; then go back to “Online Store” and add shorts for boys and skirts for girls. Then checkout and pay.
Please contact Everett Chandler if you have any questions.
New Coaches, Assistant Coaches, and Volunteers Needed!
Please consider volunteering to be a coach, assistant coach or team manager.
League Structure and Schedule
All youth teams are grouped by the player’s school grade level. You must register your son or daughter based on their grade level for the 2019/2020 academic school year.
Practices: Practices will start in mid-March.